Fattoria San Leolino a family estate since 1645
Fattoria San Leolino takes its name from the Romanesque parish church dating back to the 11th century and from the medieval castle that belonged to the Guidi counts, falling within the original property of the company and whose ruins are still visible.
The property, in the family since 1645, derives from the Guadagni, an ancient Florentine family from which the current owners descend. The figures who played a decisive role in the history of the company were:
- Ottavia Guadagni who brought her as a dowry to her wedding, along with countless other properties
- Casimiro Dufour Berte, who received it as a minimum heritage due to him by law and led it with commitment and passion with the unconditional support of his wife Giuseppina.
- Maria Luisa Dufour Berte, Casimiro’s granddaughter who ran the company for 60 years, through the difficult transition from sharecropping to modern management, making major cultural transformations and starting the tourist business.